Why do we give?
AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
At West Portal Church, we give because of the grace that God has given to us. His word is clear - while we were yet sinners (read enemies of God), He loved us and sent Jesus to live among us and eventually give His own life so that we might live.
Did you catch that? The whole of the Bible -the greatest love story of all time -is centered around the greatest act of generous giving in history.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only son..." -John 3:16a
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." -Mark 10:45
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" -Romans 8:32
The Lord loves to give us good things. He gave us the best thing! His son Jesus. We were dead in our trespasses and sins but now -because God gave -we are alive in Christ!
SO WHAT NOW?
Because of all the above...
- We give cheerfully back to the lord a small portion of the things he has blessed us with.
- We give generously because the Lord has treated us generously.
- We give frequently as a constant reminder of the lord's constant grace.
How can I give?
- You can place a cheque or cash in the offering box on a Sunday morning
- Mail in
- Drop off in person during office hours
- Online banking (contact us to set this up!)
- E-Transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
...or click the button below to give digitally right here.